Player, Parent and Coach Expectations
A successful program is made up of players, parents and coaches working together as a team. Below is an outline of expectations which promote dedication, teamwork and respect within the LFSA organization.
- Attendance is expected at ALL practices, games and tournaments.
- Missed practices or games must be approved ahead of time by coaches.
Playing Time – 25%
- Across whole season
- Practice attendance will play a large role in a player’s development and performance.
If you have an individual player concern, please contact:
- Team Coach, or
- Oktay Akgun, Director of Coaching
- 24 Hour Rule – Please do not contact coach prior to 24 hours after a match.
- Early is On Time; On Time is Late
- Players must be on time for all practices
- Players must arrive to games 45 minutes before game time
- Players should practice what is learned with the coach
- Watch professional soccer
- Encourage positive teamwork
- Support fellow players and parents
- A positive attitude makes a better team
- NO SIDELINE COACHING
- Treat all players with respect
- Provide opportunity for all players to develop
- Provide team with the best opportunity to succeed
- Teach players how to win and lose gracefully
- Be professional on sidelines and treat referees and opposing coach with respect
- Emphasize team development
- Evaluate players each season and place them appropriately based on their abilities
- Lead by example